For our current tenants, we have a complete set of tools and procedures to make you tenancy with us more comfortable and rewarding.
Simply log into your Tenant Portal below to submit any maintenance requests, drop us a line or use the handy directory.
Current Tenants, simply Log in below on your computer or internet-enabled mobile device
Access Your Tenant Portal to:
Not a Tenant Yet? Click Apply Now
Rentals Currently Available
Application Criteria – Statement of Qualifying Criteria
To assure our neighbors of a well-maintained community, as well as enjoyable neighbors, we require that all prospective residents meet the following qualifying criteria when completing an application:
- Applicant must be employed or have verification of income. We require a monthly gross income to be at least three (3) times the monthly rental rate. If income from employment is the primary source of income, a minimum of six (6) months at the same place of employment must be verified. Self-employment will require the applicant’s previous year’s tax return as income verification. Income other than wages from employment, such as tips, commissions, school subsidies or allowances from parents will require notarized verification. An applicant that is not currently employed must provide proof of funds (current bank statements), which will equal the full term of the lease.
- Applicant must have a minimum of one-year verifiable rental history. Verifiable rental history for a period of at least 12 months, in which all the lease terms have been satisfactorily fulfilled, is required. Negative rental history, eviction, or outstanding monies owed to a previous landlord are unacceptable. If applicant owned a home, applicant must furnish all mortgage information. If applicant has no prior verifiable rental history an additional security deposit up to a full month’s rent will be required.
- Applicant must physically reside in the apartment for which they are applying.Applicant must live in the rental unit and must disclose all persons that will be occupying the unit. All persons are subject to background checks prior to occupancy. All persons 18 years of age or older must be a leaseholder and qualify for the unit with the applicant.
- Credit history for a two-year period prior to this application will be evaluated. No credit history as well as discharged bankruptcies is acceptable. Negative credit history, other than not fulfilling terms of a lease contract, will be considered provided there are more positive accounts than negative accounts. More than 30% of applicant’s credit accounts showing negative remarks is unacceptable.
- A criminal background check will be done on all applicants and any occupants 18 years of age or older. No felony convictions within the past five (5) years will be accepted. No misdemeanor convictions against persons or property, prostitution, or drug related offenses will be accepted.
- If rental property is a single family dwelling or single unit, landlord reserves the right to ask for a security deposit equal to one month’s rent and first and last month’s rent in advance.
- If you are inquiring about an apartment or duplex, occupancy limits have been established per unit size. Maximum number of persons allowed is as follows with no more than three (3) unrelated adults per apartment or duplex in either a two or three bedroom floor plan:
- Studio / Efficiency – no more than 2 persons
- One Bedroom – no more than 2 persons
- Two Bedroom – no more than 4 persons
- Three Bedroom – no more than 6 persons
- In order to view a rental home, you must show a form of valid identification. Your driver’s license or an alternate second form of identification will be photocopied. Please have your identification with you.
- We do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law. We do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status, nor disability.
You will be required to sign a Statement of Qualifying Criteria that states the same as the above.Please note: False information given on an application will be grounds for rejection of the application.
Rules and Regulations for Residential and Multi-Family
The following Rules and Regulations have been established by the Owner/Management and are considered an addendum to your Lease Agreement. Failure to comply with said Rules and Regulations may, at the discretion of Owner/Management, be grounds for termination of the Lease Agreement.
- Rental Payment: Rent is due on the first day of each month. Rent received after 5pm on the fifth (5th) must include the late fee specified in the Lease Agreement. Checks, which do not include the late fee as required, will not be accepted. All late payment checks and charges must be paid by cashier’s check, money order or certified check. After you tender two (2) NSF (non-sufficient funds) during the term of the lease agreement, personal checks will no longer be accepted and all monies due must be paid by cashier’s check, money order or certified check. Options for Rental Payments:
- Mail your rental payment to: Affinity Realty Group, PO Box 100689, Cape Coral, FL 33910
- Deliver your payment to Affinity Realty Group at the second floor of 4632 Vincennes Blvd, Cape Coral, FL 33904 (center door leads to the upstairs) during business hours.
- Deliver your payment to Affinity Realty Group to the locked drop box inside the glass door at the bottom of the stairs from Mon-Fri 9am – 3pm
- Make your payment electronically by logging into your tenant portal
- Maintenance Requests: Maintenance requests should be made online by logging into your tenant portal. Maintenance hours are weekdays from 9am to 6pm. In case of an emergency, call the office and you will be directed to an emergency extension that is manned 24/7. Emergencies include: fire, flood, electrical shortage, and sewer backups. Your maintenance request cannot be fulfilled if pets are left unattended or uncrated. It is our policy to post updates to maintenance requests in your tenant portal; however, it is not our policy to make appointments for maintenance work.
- Locks: You are prohibited from adding, changing, or in any way altering locks installed on the doors of your unit.
- Entrances, Hallways, Walks and Lawns: Entrances, hallways, doorways, walks and lawns should not be obstructed or used for any purpose other than entering and exiting.
- Personal Property: Due to legal limitations, it is not possible for Owner/Management to insure your personal property. It will be necessary for you to obtain renter’s insurance coverage at your expense to cover any possible loss to personal property from a local insurance agent or from Assurant for $14.50/mo (see Insurance Brochure). Proof of insurance and Insurance Addendum is required. It’s your choice on where you get your insurance from.
- Parking Areas: Driveways, lawn or parking areas are not to be used for abandoned or inoperable vehicles. The determination of whether a vehicle is abandoned or deemed inoperable shall be within the discretion of Management. All vehicles must be periodically moved to prevent build up of dirt and debris. Automobiles should not be parked on the grass. Vehicles not conforming to these rules may be towed at the vehicle owner’s expense.
- Pest Control: Residence is sprayed on a regular basis. If you have a special problem with pests, please notify Management by logging into your tenant portal and making a maintenance request for the exterminator to pay special attention on his next visit. You are asked to assist in pest control by maintaining a high standard of good housekeeping. If you have a pet and it becomes necessary to spray for fleas, you must pay the additional fee.
- Lawn and Landscape Upkeep: The Owner maintains a high degree of lawn care. Owner/Management requests that you help in maintaining our high standard
- Trash: Please insure that your trash is placed in a trash can with a lid and placed outside of the rental unit in its designated area.
- Guests: You are responsible and liable for the conduct of your family, invitees, licensees and guests. Acts of these persons in violation of the Lease Agreement, or one of these of future Rules and Regulations, may be deemed by Management to be a breach by you which may result in termination of your Lease Agreement.
- Motorcycles, MiniBikes etc: Except for automobiles and non-commercial small trucks, no other vehicles (including motorcycles, trucks, boats, trailers, campers, travel trailers, and motorhomes) may be parked on the premises without prior written consent. All vehicles must be currently licensed with the license displayed as required by law, be in good operating condition; be in compliance with all requirements to operate in public areas, including any insurance requirements; and not be unsightly (within Owner/Management’s sole discretion). Vehicles must be parked only within spaces provided for parking. No vehicle may be parked in front of dumpsters, blocking other vehicles, on the grass, outside the boundaries of a single designated parking space or driveway, or in entrances or exits. Any violations of the foregoing rules will subject the vehicle to being towed without notice at the vehicle owner’s expense. Owner/Management are not liable for any damage arising as a result of towing. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to advise your invitees of these vehicle policies, and you further agree to determine in each case that they have complied herewith. You agree to indemnify and hold Owner/Management harmless for any and all claims by your invitees for the towing of their vehicles for violation of these policies; you agree to pay for said towing and other charges related thereto as additional rent to be paid immediately. We may impose additional parking regulations, including limiting the number of vehicles, which you or your invitees may park on the premises. No vehicle maintenance or repairs may be performed on the premises.
- Plumbing: A charge will be made for unclogging plumbing equipment, in case where malfunctions are caused by the improper introduction of improper objects therein, such as toys, cloth objects, grease or other foreign matter. The cost of repair or replacement of other equipment or furnishings of the Owner will be borne by you.
- Lock Outs: If you find it necessary to have authorized personnel unlock the rental unit after hours, you will be charged a fee payable at time of entry. If this service is not available, it will be necessary to call a locksmith and you will be responsible for the locksmith fees.
- Draperies: Window treatments must have white linings or a shade. Bed linens, towels, tin foil, flags, reflector film, etc are not acceptable. You are requested to comply within ten (10) days of move-in.
- Telephone Hook Ups: Telephones may only be placed at previously wired locations provided by the telephone company. Additional drilling, cutting, or boring for wires is not permitted without written permission from Owner/Management.
- Waterbeds: Waterbeds are allowed subject to Owner/Management’s prior written approval
- Storage: No goods or materials of any kind or description, which are combustible or would increase fire risk shall be placed in storage areas. Storage in such areas shall be your risk and Owner/Management shall not be responsible for any loss or damages. Heating/air conditioning or water heater closets are not to be used for storage purposes.
- Antennas: Radio, television, CB, or other types of aerials or antennas should not be placed or erected by you on the roof or exterior of any building.
- Disturbing Noises: Your family, invitees, licensees, and guest shall have due regard for the comfort and enjoyment of your neighbors. Your residence is your home, free from interruption by Owner/Management, unless you or your guests are disturbing your neighbors. Televisions, stereo units, radios, and musical instruments are not to be played at such a volume or time that will annoy neighbors.
- Signs: You should not display any signs, exterior lights or markings on the rental unit. No awnings or other projections should be attached by you to the outside of the building of which the rental unit is a part.
- Patios: All balconies and patios must be kept clean and clear of storage items. Hanging of clothes, garments, or rugs over railing of balconies or patios is not permitted. Patios or balconies should not be used for anything, except patio furniture, flower boxes and plants . They are not to be used for storage under any circumstances. For safety, please do not put plants on balcony railings.
- Pets: No pets allowed, except with the permission of the Owner/Management and the execution of a Pet Addendum. An additional non-refundable fee will be required.
- Alterations: No alterations allowed without the Owner/Management’s prior written approval.
FAQ – Security Deposits
To avoid misunderstandings regarding Security Deposits that are made at the time you sign your Lease Agreement, the following information is provided:RELEASE OF SECURITY DEPOSIT IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING PROVISIONS:
- Full term of lease has expired, and all persons have vacated the rental unit.
- A written notice of Intent to Vacate effective the end of the calendar month must be given by the first (1st) of the calendar month prior to said vacating.
- No damage to property beyond normal wear and tear.
- Entire rental unit, including range/oven, refrigerator, bathroom, closets, and cupboards are clean. Refrigerator to be defrosted.
- No unpaid legal charges, delinquent rents, or late fees owed.
- ALL keys must be returned
- ALL debris, rubbish, and discards placed in proper trash cans outside rental unit.
- Forwarding address provided to Owner/Management
- “Move In/Move Out Inspection Form” must be completed when you move in and signed by Owner/Management and you. This form must also be completed and signed by the same parties when you move out.
Questions and Answers on Security Deposit Policy:Q: What charges are made if the prerequisite conditions (see above) are not complied with?A: The cost of labor and materials for cleaning and repairs will be deducted. Also, any delinquent payments, including late charges will be deducted.Q: How is the Security Deposit returned?A:The Security Deposit is mailed as a check to your forwarding address. The check is jointly payable and addressed to all persons, who sign the Lease Agreement. No pick ups from the Owner/Management.Q: Can the Security Deposit be applied to any rent still outstanding during the lease term?A:No, All Rents must be paid separate and apart from the Security Deposit.You will be required to sign a Rules & Regulations Addendum that states the same as the above.